The most basic recipe is 1 part clay to 2 parts liquid and 2-4 drops essential oil
Herbal tea is a wonderful choice for liquid. I also have a fresh aloe plant and sometimes find mashed banana or avocado very soothing. You can also use milk or an oily oil like jojoba or sweet almond oil. Using oil in place of water makes it highly moisturizing.
If there is some left over refrigerate for up to 4 weeks. You can also lay out individual portions (1 tablespoon) on wax paper or foil and pop in the freezer and defrost as needed in the refrigerator overnight. Once it’s frozen it keeps nice in a plastic baggie or jar – if it winds up with frost crystals I just shake it off before defrosting.
If you'd like these recipes as a one page printable drop your email here and I'll send it over! Supply recommendations below
Basic Clay Mask
- 1 TBL clay
- 2 TBL water
- 2-4 drops essential oil
Mix together, apply to face, leave on for about 15 minutes, remove with a warm washcloth, moisturize and notice how smooth and glowing your face looks!
Soothing French Green Clay Mask
- 1½ tsp French green clay
- ½ tsp bentonite clay
- 1½ TBL aloe vera gel (optional)
- 1 TBL filtered water or herbal tea or 2 TBL if not using aloe
- 2-4 drops lavender essential oil
- Mix the green and bentonite clays together
- Add the aloe vera gel, water and essential oil
- Refrigerate for up to four weeks
Cleansing Mask for Oily Skin
- 1 TBL bentonite clay
- 1-2 TBL water
- 1 TBL ground oats
- 4 drops tea tree essential oil
- Mix clay, water, oats, and oil together
- Gently spread evenly onto your face
- Avoid rubbing the mixture onto your skin which can irritate your skin
- Let dry for around 10 minutes and rinse with warm water to remove (no wash cloth)
I get all my carriers, clays and supplies like good quality aloe and rosehip seed oil at Aromatics International and I get all my essential oils here at Young Living where you can purchase individual oils or in groups for added discount
Which recipe did you try? What do you think? Drop me a message and let me know! Share this with others!
If you enjoyed this blog >> subscribe to blog and news here
Learn more · Watch this complimentary video to level up your emotional balance and healing journey TODAY when you learn the concept in this first video of the three part series. If you would like to chat about your healing journey and your next steps, just message me and mention this post.