So here's some things I do to keep myself above the wellness line. It doesn't take extra time, just simple things integrated into my normal daily life.
My Morning Protocol
- First thing I do is check in with my body, it's going to get me through my day so I take note of sore spots and gently stretch, get everything loosened and ready to move. It's important I get fluids moving so they can start doing their job of keeping all systems running smooth! There's a ton of science behind that but that's not for this post.
- OIl Cleansing
- Oil Up - layered over time during my morning routine
- Lady Sclareol roller - specially formulated to support women my age read more...
- For women under 50 see Progessence Plus which contains USP-grade progesterone from wild yam extract
- Sacred Mountain roller - for grounding and empowerment read more...
- White Angelica roller - to inspire feelings of security and optimism read more..
- Rollerballs make it super easy to just roll some on in between normal morning stuff
- Probiotic (I like Life 9 with 17 billion live cultures)
- Elderberry Syrup - 1 tsp homemade recipe here
- Protein Shake ingredients:
- Protein Powder - I like Vega Protein and Greens
- Blackstrap Molasses - organic 1TB
- Flaxseed - whole organic not preground 1TB
- Cinnamon - a good sprinkle because I love it
- Ginger - fresh organic, about an inch sized piece
- Nutmeg - fresh organic grated
- Thieves - 1 drop for immune support read more...
- Banana - organic
- Beet - small 1.5" cube provides B9, manganese, potassium, iron, and vitamin C among other benefits - it adds color and sweet but doesn't change the taste of the shake
- NingXia Red super food and antioxidant download PDF or read more here...
My normal stresses of life show up as gastrointestinal distress since childhood. Despite my best efforts I sometimes need some extra support to keep things calm.
- Digestive enzymes like these help me as needed.
- When things are really tumultuous I focus on just having oatmeal, applesauce, banana for a day or two until things settle
- Mindful eating, breathing and calming while eating helps me so much
- Whole organic foods
- Reduced sugar, caffeine and alcohol
- Personally I can't do dairy (inflammatory) and other things under the direction of a nutritionist
My Evening Protocol
Humans have two modes - fight / flight gives us power for doing things while rest / digest allows the body to repair providing balance. Here's how I support being able to gently activate rest cycle:
- Dimming lights as the night progresses supports natural release of meletonin
- About an hour before bedtime I stretch to get out any kinks and start to relax
- Oil cleansing for face with light massage as outlined above
- Apply night time oils that promote rest and sleep - lavender and cedarwood are my favorites
- Start diffuser with lavender and cedarwood with maybe a drop of chamomile or valerian
- No electronics if possible and my phone uses Twilight to dim and reduce blue light
Well there ya have it - what do you do to promote wellness?
If you enjoyed this blog >> subscribe to blog and news here
Learn more · Watch this complimentary video to level up your emotional balance and healing journey TODAY when you learn the concept in this first video of the three part series. If you would like to chat about your healing journey and your next steps, just message me and mention this post.