So here's some things I do to keep myself above the wellness line. It doesn't take extra time, just simple things integrated into my normal daily life.
My Morning Protocol
- First thing I do is check in with my body, it's going to get me through my day so I take note of sore spots and gently stretch, get everything loosened and ready to move. It's important I get fluids moving so they can start doing their job of keeping all systems running smooth! There's a ton of science behind that but that's not for this post.
- OIl Cleansing
- Oil Up - layered over time during my morning routine
- Lady Sclareol roller - specially formulated to support women my age read more...
- For women under 50 see Progessence Plus which contains USP-grade progesterone from wild yam extract
- Sacred Mountain roller - for grounding and empowerment read more...
- White Angelica roller - to inspire feelings of security and optimism read more..
- Rollerballs make it super easy to just roll some on in between normal morning stuff
- Probiotic (I like Life 9 with 17 billion live cultures)
- Elderberry Syrup - 1 tsp homemade recipe here
- Protein Shake ingredients:
- Protein Powder - I like Vega Protein and Greens
- Blackstrap Molasses - organic 1TB
- Flaxseed - whole organic not preground 1TB
- Cinnamon - a good sprinkle because I love it
- Ginger - fresh organic, about an inch sized piece
- Nutmeg - fresh organic grated
- Thieves - 1 drop for immune support read more...
- Banana - organic
- Beet - small 1.5" cube provides B9, manganese, potassium, iron, and vitamin C among other benefits - it adds color and sweet but doesn't change the taste of the shake
- NingXia Red super food and antioxidant download PDF or read more here...
My normal stresses of life show up as gastrointestinal distress since childhood. Despite my best efforts I sometimes need some extra support to keep things calm.
- Digestive enzymes like these help me as needed.
- When things are really tumultuous I focus on just having oatmeal, applesauce, banana for a day or two until things settle
- Mindful eating, breathing and calming while eating helps me so much
- Whole organic foods
- Reduced sugar, caffeine and alcohol
- Personally I can't do dairy (inflammatory) and other things under the direction of a nutritionist
My Evening Protocol
Humans have two modes - fight / flight gives us power for doing things while rest / digest allows the body to repair providing balance. Here's how I support being able to gently activate rest cycle:
- Dimming lights as the night progresses supports natural release of meletonin
- About an hour before bedtime I stretch to get out any kinks and start to relax
- Oil cleansing for face with light massage as outlined above
- Apply night time oils that promote rest and sleep - lavender and cedarwood are my favorites
- Start diffuser with lavender and cedarwood with maybe a drop of chamomile or valerian
- No electronics if possible and my phone uses Twilight to dim and reduce blue light
Well there ya have it - what do you do to promote wellness?
If you enjoyed this info >> subscribe to weekly empowering message via email